Thursday, May 31, 2007

Blog About Blogging

OK

I am just going to vent and repent (just made to up).

I am a very scattered individual. I am simple. I am easily distracted. Blame it on my learning disabilities during my school days. Blame it on the fact I am an artist/musician type. Perhaps it is because I am wired this way. Or maybe I am just plain lazy.

I blog when the muse is upon me . . . and I am in front of the computer . . . with nothing else pressing needing to get done . . . and . . . well, the excuses do mount up. I do intent to write more and have best intentions. We will see.

Then, inevitably, I get asked if I have read other's blogs. I feel like a total heal because all of the above has to be true in order for me to get around to it.

I am not a reader. Amazing isn't it. I am a skimmer. I get the gist . . . and move on. I type like there is no tomorrow but I would hate to read all those words. You would think that I wouldn't write as much. I am a bit of an enigma that way.

Let me make something very, very clear. To all those who read this blog and write your own . . . my lack of keeping up to date isn't that I care/love you any less. I would rather spend the afternoon chatting over coffee or some other equally enjoyed hot or cold beverage. To have time to discuss views on life, stories of the past, hopes for the future and events in the present. That is what I would rather. Face to face communication.

I know that can't always happen . . . or in some case it can never happen. But that is what I would rather. Time, life, location, and other factors hinder that type of interaction. It is what it is. My hope is that heaven will be one big chat session. Fire place, beverage, all the time in the world . . . well sort of . . . all the time out of this world.

Failing that I will do my best to keep up. I have no course of action. I am secretly hoping that intention counts for something. You are all important to me . . . enough to read . . . enough to write. But realities keep that from happening.

Hear my heart and thanks for understanding.

FWIW

Take it . . .

3 comments:

Live Life Like Luke Lived said...

I totally understand and that is why I love you so much and why you are a great unique friend.

Anonymous said...

Jeff... I feel bad. You seem frustrated. The couple times I asked you I never meant to pressure, I was just curious. Because I tell so many stories in it... and it would save the time if you already knew. Nothing big. And the "I'd rather..." Me too, totally, like I've said before. I blog for myself. I blog because maybe I didn't get the chance to talk to so n so today and they're wondering how I am. Not for a club, not for a thing to do with friends, etc. But you know all that. Keep your chin up, as you always do. You do good... really!! Mhm mhm. Like it a lot a lot!! (if that makes sense)

Greg said...

In heaven, I'll be drinking a really big cup o' chai while we chat.

Looking forward to it. :-)

Till then... I'll read your blog whenever you care to share. Ha! That rhymes!

Oh wait... you aren't going to read this... just skim it...

Well, hopefully you got the part about the chai... :-)

Inspiration for the day!