Monday, April 14, 2008

Happy New Years

Ok, it's not really the new year.

In fact, as I look at my iCal I realize that it's a quarter of the way through the once called new year.  For my USA friends and family it's almost tax deadline time (Canadians have until the end of April . . . and yes ours are done and in already.)  The time of resolutions and, well, the breaking of said resolutions has come and gone.  But, as I dust off this blog site I find my self looking over the last several months.  And, like in the new year, I realize that I have a lot to be thankful for.  Plus, I have been on an amazing journey since that last time I blogged.

Here are some highlights in now particular order.  My family and I have moved and settled in to British Columbia, Canada.  That statement comes with a lot of yahoo moments.  The kids are settled in awesome schools are are doing quite well.  My wife and I have received official work permits and now we both can be, and are, employed.  I have picked up a new hobby and am enjoying it very much (3d graphics/animation with Blender; www.blender.org.)  I do most of my work (and play) on a Mac (my wife and kids still us a PC).  We have been given on car and the use of a motorcycle (Suzuki 450gl)  I have made it through 6 months at my current employment, which includes all major holidays, and all without my stress level getting higher that a 7 or 8 out of a scale of 1-10.  I have spent tons of time doing personal music writing/arranging . . . more than several years prior put together.  I've started back going to the gym that includes lifting weights with a former weight lifting coach.  I've even preached my first sermon in over 10 years and it quite well.

As I sit here there are many other things that run through mind but I realize that there in no blog in all of cyberspace that could contain every detailed "cool" thing that we have experienced here in the last 6 months or so.

But, I also realize that this little exercise is amazing therapeutic.  It is great on the new year to look back celebrate the blessings over the last 12 months.  So great that perhaps it would better if I took the time to do it in closer intervals.  How much better would it be if I did this blessing-counting once a month?  Once a week?  Once a day, even.  How soon we forget the details.  And those details are important.  The often lead to the more finer details that connect to even more almost invisible ones.  Like looking at painting from a famous artist, the more we study the more we realize how rich we really are.

Time will continue to pass.  Will we treasure the finer moments as they do.  I am realizing the importance of sitting and remembering and being thankful.

For what it's worth.

Take it . . . 

No comments:

Inspiration for the day!