Monday, September 17, 2007

Another Try . . .

I have been reading some of my old stuff. Entries of months even years past and I realized something.

I really enjoy writing. Not that I want to try and make money at it. But I like remembering what I was feeling and thinking at the moment I "penned" (typed) certain things.

But it's always the case where we never have time for what we love to do. Or to spend time with those we love to spend time with.

Why is that?

Oh, I come up with great excuses and there are some things that do need to be accomplished. But that fact remains. We never have enough time to do the things we love to do.

I use to write songs . . . I even toured a bit with my own stuff. I have gotten many compliments, many unsolicited, about the songs I wrote. I never take time to write any more. Why? Well there is always work. And then family time. And the rest that needs to happen because of all the work and family time. Etc.

But as I read that paragraph it becomes clear. I never take time because . . . well . . . I never take time.

My dad once told me that he has no regrets in life. He has done everything he's dreamt to do. He is only 62. But he told me that about 8 years ago. How in the world did he do that? I guess the short answer is . . . he found time to do it.

Time is what you make it. My dad also says the phrase "shoulda, coulda, woulda . . . built a lot of bridges". I am not sure he's saying that right but whenever I hear the words "I should of . . ." or "I could of . . ." I think of that concept.

Well, here goes another try. And new leaf. I am taking a new job in a new city in a new country. I have a chance to wipe the slate clean and try again. Will I do it? Perhaps. Will I fail? Most certainly. I pray that I find that important things and keep them important.

And live life with no regrets.

FWIW

Take it . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

story of my life. Which is saddening, because I've only had a 'life' for a couple years. 18 years old next week and still having so many things bothering me... no fun. But we can always try again... so long as we make time for it : )

Inspiration for the day!